Tuesday, May 3, 2011

You're Now Entering Serenity Point... Enjoy Your Stay!

My world finally has a name!  The husband and I discussed a few ideas, but as soon as he suggested "Serenity Point", I was sold.  I love it.  Not only does it have a geographic "point" that is decorated with asian homes and flora (very serene), but it's a nice Firefly association which is even more nostalgic when considering that the world also has a valley.  (If you haven't watched Firefly before, the spaceship Serenity was named for Serenity Valley where the captain and his first mate were part of a losing battle.)

Now that the world has a name, I'm going to start getting together the next contest which will be for community lots.  I will probably run several at the same time, but the 10x10 version will run the longest as they [usually] take more time that decorating around a rabbit hole.  I had wanted to have a City Hall completed before starting these contests, but it hasn't worked out that way.  I have a pretty cute idea for one, but I'll need to do some more planning.

While others are working on community lots, I have other work cut out for me on top of the City Hall.  I need to plan and complete the explorable tomb a la World Adventures for the rewards area.  I also need to place spawners and plants.  And, now that it has a name, I think it's finally time to start up a thread for my world over in the Sims 3 forum! :D

(Hehehe, while the husband I were tossing around silly names, trying to see how pretentious they could sound, he hit upon one that is just so awesome that I may have to make it into a small parody world.  It's called Disestablishmentarianism Pinnacle and would be an island where various subcultures have separated to live how they want to because they're anti, they're anti-social. ;D  I love it.  I can even use my punk house in it.  *laughs*)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it! I feel slightly chagrined that I had stopped believing in the hubby to come up with something I liked. Hubby 1, Gouka 0. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name!! Go Gouka's hubby!

    ReplyDelete