Tuesday, May 31, 2011

10x10 Community Lots Have Been Added!

Enjoy an updated picture of Serenity Point!  The winning lots from my 10x10 Community Lot Contest have been added to the world.  Also, the lighthouse decorative objects has been replaced with a residential lot that has a working lighthouse on it.  I think it matched a lot better!  I've also done some more sculpting on the cliff behind the town.  I need to decide what I'm going to do with that big expanse of flat green on the way to the lighthouse.  It's just sort of blah right now, but I think I have enough rocky areas... perhaps I'll make that whole area a little rolling hill.  I plan on adding a little flowery meadow in between the Cherry Lane houses and the forested country homes.  Butterfly spawners, etc... it should lead into the Butterfly Preserve well.



Oh, I'd had some lagging issues in my world before.  Not when creating it, but after exporting it and installing it in an active game.  My sims/world would freeze for long periods and it would eventually happen so often that I couldn't play the world.  That didn't happen at all when I was testing the 10x10 community lots.  Either the world is working better now that there's more in it or it's because I hadn't painted the routing paint separating the campground on the plateau from the rest of the world.  If the routing paint is causing issues, I'm going to have to rethink the separate campground.  It's still a Go for now, but it is the biggest thing I'm focusing on when I enter the testing phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment